|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Glasgow , Scotland|
|Salary||Depending on experience|
|Telephone||01302 822 228|
£salary dependent on experience
Our client is the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK.
Started five decades ago, today, they employ over 700 people and handled 70 million items in 2018 alone.
They enable some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste.
As an award-winning social enterprise, the operate a network of six membership-only stores – offering discounted prices, to individuals who work in the food manufacturing supply chain, emergency services or the NHS.
Our client is looking for a Store Manager to join and lead their team at their new store and operational warehouse in Renfrew.
They are looking for an individual who can lead and inspire a team to the highest standards and the successful candidate will work closely with the wider store management team to lead and manage colleagues across the store.
We are looking for a Store Manager who will strive to deliver a fantastic service to our members, putting customers at the heart of everything we do.
The role will be responsible for driving sales through excellent merchandising and product availability by driving performance of colleagues through effective coaching.
We are looking for an individual who has experience of achieving and delivering agreed KPI’s and targets in a Retail environment and who can identify and drive improvements across the store as necessary.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Retail and will be accountable for store sales and standards which will lead to the delivery of outstanding operational and financial performance.
- Previous experience of operating in a similar role
- An understanding and knowledge of warehouse and distribution centres
- Excellent commercial awareness and the ability to understand the impact of decisions on performance
- Ability to produce pro-active plans that help support business and team objectives
- Proven leadership experience with drive and enthusiasm to deliver result and the ability to motivate and coach others
- An individual who will be hands on, with the ability to gain credibility and trust
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise workloads, according to the overall objectives and strategy for the operation
- Capability to work under pressure and be able to multi task across different priorities
- Experience in colleague management, such as managing absence and conduct issues
- Experience in colleague development, through using performance review processes and people development plans with the ability to recognise and celebrate success
- Fully flexible
- Have an open and honest and positive attitude
- A strong desire to deliver results and be the best
- Ensure that brand integrity is maintained
Hours: Full Time –40 hours, the successful candidate will need to be fully flexible to work 5 out of 7 days. This will include working evening, nights and weekends as required
Benefits: Membership to staff shop, 2x death in service cover, company pension, discounted café and discounted gym