This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
Wester Hailes, Edinburgh
£depending on experience
DUTY MANAGER – NEW STORE OPENING – FEBRUARY 2020
This is an excellent opportunity to work for the largest commercial redistributor of surplus stock and household products in the UK. The stores are dynamic and challenging and we are looking for an individual with the skills and personality to deliver the opportunities that this business brings.
- Driving sales through excellent merchandising and product availability
- Providing customers with a great experience in store
- Coaching all colleagues to provide excellent customer service by leading by example
- Working with the wider store management team to improve store performance
- Accountability for agreed store standards for all departments; identifying & driving improvements
- Leading, coaching and guiding colleagues across all departments in store
- Managing performance through setting objectives, monitoring and reviewing performance
- Assisting in the delivery of budgets and improving financial performance
- Lead, coach and guide the supervisory team with a view to continuous performance improvement
- Dealing effectively with customer complaints and queries
- Overseeing pricing, merchandising and legal compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental
- Maximising and protecting profitability and motivating store colleagues to deliver the same
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental controls at all times
- Ensure Brand Integrity is maintained
- Preparing promotional materials and displays
- Effectively communicate with Head Office
- Lead the store whilst on duty
- Act as a point of contact for every retail based issue during your shift and step into the overall role of store control in the absence of the Store Manager
- Develop and deliver consistent processes of work and adhere to all legal requirements
- Strategic thinking, planning at an operational level and to define issues and work on solutions
- Proven leadership experience and the ability to motivate and coach others
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise workloads, according to the overall objectives and strategy for the operation
- The capability to work under pressure and be able to multi task across different product categories and areas within the store
- Proven success in working as part of a team to generate innovative ideas
- Experience in colleague management, such as managing absence and conduct issues
- Experience in colleague development, through using performance review processes and people development plans
- Be fully flexible
- Have knowledge of IT, Microsoft Word, Excel, and general report producing skills
Hours of work will be 40 hours, working 5/7 days. This will include working evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Membership to staff shop, and free 2 x death in service cover. Other benefits include eligibility for family and friends membership to the shop.