This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||East of England, UK|
|Salary||£40000-£50000 depending on experience|
|Telephone||01302 822 228|
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
£40-£50Kdepending on experience
- Development of capital cost estimates for the company client base
- Be actively involved in the future development and success in delivering a continuous flow of new business and identifying future opportunities in both competitive tendering and new projects.
- To ensure robust, accurate and innovative advice is delivered to clients to align with their needs and business objectives.
- To fulfil functions of deputy in their absence and any other reasonable function as requested by Managing Director
Business / Commercial Activities
- Working closely with the operational teams in the transition of projects upon receipt of instructions. As well as establishing themselves as lead for commercial matters relating to the project. Ensuring the correct allocation of labour and plant plus the procurement of materials. Maintaining professional and cost effective control of procurement and labour including subcontractors.
- Proactively monitor all costs and control the change management process. To include project variations whilst liaising with the client or representative and ensuring all accounts are agreed promptly to expedite the invoice and payment process
- Being commercially aware within various sectors of the business, with importance being given to the existing workload. Assisting the Commercial Manager in preparing the monthly profit and loss report by collating the project cost and valuation information.
- Identify opportunities, and pass onto the relevant department where applicable. Assisting with the preparation of estimates and tenders by coordinating supplier work packages.
- Proactively follow up on enquiries ensuring that excellent customer service levels are achieved.
- Assist the Sales department and attend meetings to promote services and provide detailed and accurate information to our customers to give them confidence and desire to use us as a supplier.
- Develop personable and productive relationships across the company client base, in order to build a growing and increasingly profitable customer base.
Estimate Preparation / Pre-Contract
- Managing all aspects of the estimating process at enquiry stage
- Pursue opportunities to obtain tender documents
- Completion and submission of PQQs
- Production of robust estimates
- Efficiently and effectively plan workload balance between site survey visits and quotations
- Access tender documents to ensure sufficient information available to prepare tender
- Liaise with the client and attend site meetings as required to ensure accurate measures & knowledge of the job is gained
- Prepare and issue sub-contract enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt
- Pricing of excavations, concrete, drainage, surfacing and other external works and minor landscaping
- Complete tender documents for submission
- Prepare specifications and / or Contractors proposals
- Submit tenders and follow up
- Post tender negotiations, post contract liaison with relevant personnel
- Working with the business development team to provide a professional and prompt service to all enquiries
- Comprehensive site surveys to ensure a high level of detail is obtained and maximise the efficiencies that can be offered to clients.
- Working with procurement to prepare and issue sub-contract enquiries to ensure the competitive edge over the competition
- Preparing, producing and presenting professional quotations package, including survey reports and plans
- Supporting the operational team with tender/contract price analysis
- Weekly sales meetings to update everyone on the status of their own sales enquiries
- Estimate preparation.
- Working with Accountant for audits.
- Administration of estimate files and records
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual sales pipeline to ensure the business has an accurate representation of future sales orders / potential works
- Resolve or escalate any customer issues in a timely and professional manner so that the appropriate resolution is achieved and the customer is satisfied with the outcome
- Estimate Administration by accurately updating the database with all correct information, recording customer conversations where applicable
- Management of documents and records
Intelligence and Communications
- Deliver market intelligence and competitor information into the business
- Liaise closely with other departments to influence development of service offerings to clients
- Liaise closely with other departments to influence development of client facing communication; reports and information - providing feedback on client requirements
- Liaise closely with the Sales department to gain feedback on previously quoted works
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- All estimate records retrievable and retained.
- Record retrievability
- Estimates completed versus new contracts/business awarded
- Monthly review of works won vs. targets.
- All estimates submitted in a timely manner
- Confirmation of bids dispatched/received against due dates
- Excellent record keeping and control
- Numerical and financial proficiency
- Accuracy and Due Diligence
- Time keeping and meeting deadlines
- IT Literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to deal with customers and service providers
- Able to deal with contractors and sub-contractors
- High standard of knowledge in quantity surveying and estimating
- Use of Construction suite software
- Good working knowledge of forms of contract, especially NEC3 and JCT Minor Works
- Good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement, especially the Highways Method of Measurement and SMM7
- Use of Microsoft office suite
- Ability to work to achieve high levels of accuracy in busy working environment
- High degree of personal motivation and driven by results
- Ability to work as part of a close knit management team and manage numerous activities / projects simultaneously whilst still meeting set deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision
- Aptitude for dealing directly with Clients and their design team and other personnel at all levels.
- Flexibility with regard to working across all areas of the business, and hours to meet the requirements of this challenging position
- Manage your own professional image to represent the company in a positive way at all times
- Professional 'get it done' and 'right first time' attitude and work ethic
Training / Qualifications
- Qualified to a high standard in estimating and/or quantity surveying (Desirable)
- Structural or civil engineering qualification (Desirable)