Warehouse/Distribution Shift Supervisor
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South Yorkshire, UKBarnsley|
|Salary||Competitive salary, pension, onsite parking, gym plus other bene|
- An excellent opportunity has arisen for a warehouse/distribution shift supervisor within a growing organisation.An excellent opportunity has arisen within a growing company for a shift supervisor.
You will ideally have experience of working in a warehouse or distribution company with knowledge and experience of goods in and goods out. You will have hands on management experience of leading a shift and managing a team of 10 or more people.
You will need to be flexible with your working hours.
This role requires you to work 5 out of 7 days including weekends and bank holidays and will be between the hours of 6am - 10pm (40 hours per week)
- To monitor work flow, identifying any developing situation that may impact the service level and agree corrective action with the appropriate manager
- Monitor operations and resolve any problems when identified, using appropriate resource available
- Drive change and continuous improvement
- Deliver and manage tasks according to company procedures in a timely manner
- Perform investigations in Health & Safety and compliance breaches and deviations from procedures ensuring Investigation Reports and Corrective and Preventative Actions are closed out on time
- Manage performance with colleagues with the support of the manager and look for trends of absence as well as supporting them back into the work place
- Ensure regular 121’s are documented and relevant feedback is provided to colleagues
- Ensure KPI targets are monitored, measured and achieved
- Support the manager with all disciplinary and grievance issues in accordance with the organisational policies
- Support the manager in the recruitment process as and when necessary
- To understand the process flow within the department
- Escalate any system or hardware failures to the appropriate department
- Coach and mentor colleagues
- Identify over performers and highlight individuals as talent to the Manager
- Identify under performers and suggest solutions and support to enable improvements/training requirements
- Constantly look at operational improvements, sharing knowledge and leading by example
- Communicate with the team through regular briefings, to enable the sharing of company information. Creating a team environment and value through effective communication, motivation, equality and encouragement
- Ensure Good Housekeeping and Health and Safety at all times within area of responsibility
- To deputise for Shift Managers when and if the need arises
You will have experience in leading and managing a team in a busy environment
Have the ability to motivate staff and deal with issues in a fair and considerate manner
Have experience in a team based environment with emphasis on quality/BRC compliance
Excellent planning and organisational skills
20 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
Shop SupervisorUK, MidlandsRetailDepending on experience
361963Shop Supervisor Willenhall£Depending on experience Our client is a fast-growing, multi-award-winning business that collaborates with retailers, manufacturers and brands to unlock the potential in surplus stock. Their shops are dynamic and they are looking for an ...
Twilight Replenishment SupervisorUK, South YorkshireRetailDepending on experience
361497Twilight Replenishment SupervisorBarnsleySalary: dependent on experience Our client is a fast-growing, multi-award-winning business that collaborates with retailers, manufacturers and brands to unlock the potential in surplus stock. Their shops are dynamic and they are...
Store ManagerUK, MidlandsRetail
351390Store Manager – Full Time, Permanent positionWillenhallc£40-45K depending on experience MUST BE AVAILABLE TO INTEVIEW WEDNESDAY 9TH JANUARY 2019 - FULL DAY ASSESSMENT Our client is a fast-growing, multi-award-winning ...
Email Me Jobs Like This
Subscribed to similar jobs notifications