Warehouse/Distribution Shift Supervisor
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South Yorkshire, UKBarnsley|
|Salary||Competitive salary, pension, onsite parking, gym plus other bene|
- An excellent opportunity has arisen for a warehouse/distribution shift supervisor within a growing organisation.An excellent opportunity has arisen within a growing company for a shift supervisor.
You will ideally have experience of working in a warehouse or distribution company with knowledge and experience of goods in and goods out. You will have hands on management experience of leading a shift and managing a team of 10 or more people.
You will need to be flexible with your working hours.
This role requires you to work 5 out of 7 days including weekends and bank holidays and will be between the hours of 6am - 10pm (40 hours per week)
- To monitor work flow, identifying any developing situation that may impact the service level and agree corrective action with the appropriate manager
- Monitor operations and resolve any problems when identified, using appropriate resource available
- Drive change and continuous improvement
- Deliver and manage tasks according to company procedures in a timely manner
- Perform investigations in Health & Safety and compliance breaches and deviations from procedures ensuring Investigation Reports and Corrective and Preventative Actions are closed out on time
- Manage performance with colleagues with the support of the manager and look for trends of absence as well as supporting them back into the work place
- Ensure regular 121’s are documented and relevant feedback is provided to colleagues
- Ensure KPI targets are monitored, measured and achieved
- Support the manager with all disciplinary and grievance issues in accordance with the organisational policies
- Support the manager in the recruitment process as and when necessary
- To understand the process flow within the department
- Escalate any system or hardware failures to the appropriate department
- Coach and mentor colleagues
- Identify over performers and highlight individuals as talent to the Manager
- Identify under performers and suggest solutions and support to enable improvements/training requirements
- Constantly look at operational improvements, sharing knowledge and leading by example
- Communicate with the team through regular briefings, to enable the sharing of company information. Creating a team environment and value through effective communication, motivation, equality and encouragement
- Ensure Good Housekeeping and Health and Safety at all times within area of responsibility
- To deputise for Shift Managers when and if the need arises
You will have experience in leading and managing a team in a busy environment
Have the ability to motivate staff and deal with issues in a fair and considerate manner
Have experience in a team based environment with emphasis on quality/BRC compliance
Excellent planning and organisational skills
20 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
WebsalesUK, South YorkshireCustomer ServiceDepending on experience
Websales Doncaster, South Yorkshire Job Reference 1895£depending on experience ****MUST HAVE OWN TRANSPORT DUE TO LOCATION/LATE SHIFT PATTERN**** Our client has a number of exciting opportunities to join their team at their busy prestigious head offices in Donc...
Store Manager - St HelensUK, North WestRetailDepending on experience
Store Manager – Full Time, Permanent positionSt. HelensOur client is a fast-growing, multi-award-winning business that collaborates with retailers, manufacturers and brands to unlock the potential in surplus stock.Their shops are dynamic and they are looking for an individual...
Members Coordinator - Grimsby/BarnsleyUK, South YorkshireRetailDepending on experience
421426aMembers Coordinator - Grimsby/ Barnsley Salary: Dependent on experience Hours : 40 hours per week This role can be based in Barnsley but local and national travel will be required to sites. ****A full UK driving licence is required for this role**** Our...
Email Me Jobs Like This
Subscribed to similar jobs notifications