|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South Yorkshire, UK|
|Telephone||01302 822 228|
£25-30K - dependant on experience
Our client are international market leaders in their industry. Success is achieved by ongoing commitment to safety, quality and the development of products and working at height practices.
They are looking to add a Designer to their busy team. The role involves working within a small design team to create and illustrate pre-and post-contract designs of standard and custom made access equipment in both 2D and 3D AutoCAD packages.
This will involve production of technical drawings for submission to the customer and fabrication drawings for manufacture. The design process and programme is varied for each project and offers the opportunity of working with multiple disciplines in manufacture and installation whilst using adhering to design and build standards to see the projects through to completion.
- Interpret customer requirements to produce general arrangement drawings
- Liaise with the customer if required (clarification of drawings and requirements)
- Produce accurately detailed fabrication drawings to allow the fabrication of a structurally sound, bespoke product manufactured from the correctly specified materials
- Be commercially minded enough analyse and arrive at the most cost-effective solution
- Manage projects through the design phase via client contact; liaising with the relevant Contract Manager appropriately
- Liaise with fabricators when required during the manufacturing stage to ensure that the designs are accurately realised
- Liaise with sub-contractors and architects to comprehensively understand the project requirements
- General drawing office administrative duties as and when required.
- Attendance of design meetings at site and client’s offices.
The successful candidate will require the following: -
- 2D AutoCAD – Essential
- 3D AutoCAD/Inventor - Advantageous. Experience with a concise and thorough approach to detailing.
- Proven Construction / Steel Fabrication background circa 3-5 years. Specifically roofing / working at height / steel fabrication / architectural metalwork.
- Good knowledge of materials / manufacturing and application.
- Site surveying experience.
- Experience of working with Design standards / CDM /CE marking.
- Experience of working with Office Management systems.
- Understand manufacturing technologies, processes techniques and installation procedures.
- Adhere to in-house systems and standard drawing office procedures for design processes.
- Good communicator telephone / email.
- Proven experience of working to deadlines and programme.
- ‘Can do’ attitude who can well under pressure.
- Willing to go above and beyond to achieve high level results