|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South Yorkshire, UK|
|Telephone||01302 822 228|
£25-30K - dependant on experience
Our client are international market leaders in their industry. Success is achieved by ongoing commitment to safety, quality and the development of products and working at height practices.
Pioneering, innovative design, and use of market leading fall protection and access equipment, allows us to develop tailored solutions across all sectors, from commercial, leisure, retail and residential properties; large scale, aviation, healthcare and stadia developments; to the complex and often unique environments of the industrial, utilities and energy sectors.
Presently looking to add a designer to our busy team. The role involves working within a small team to create and illustrate pre-and post-contract designs of stairs, ladders, walkways and other architectural metalwork. This will involve production of technical drawings for submission to the customer and fabrication drawings for manufacture.
The position will suit an individual that enjoys team working, problem solving and technical drawing who is willing to work hard to produce first class results and gain invaluable experience working with industry leading clients on the most prestigious construction projects in the UK.
- Interpret customer requirements to produce general arrangement drawings
- Liaise with the customer if required (clarification of drawings and requirements)
- Produce accurately detailed fabrication drawings to allow the fabrication of a structurally sound, bespoke product manufactured from the correctly specified materials
- Be commercially minded enough analyse and arrive at the most cost-effective solution
- Manage projects through the design phase via client contact; liaising with the relevant Contract Manager appropriately
- Liaise with fabricators when required during the manufacturing stage to ensure that the designs are accurately realised
- Liaise with sub-contractors and architects to comprehensively understand the project requirements
- General drawing office administrative duties as and when required.
- Attendance of design meetings at site and client’s offices.
The successful candidate will require the following: -
- 2D AutoCAD – Essential. 3D AutoCAD/Inventor – Advantageous but not essential.
- Proven Construction / Steel Fabrication background. Ideally in the steel fabrication / architectural metalwork industry.
- Experience of working to design standards.
- Understand manufacturing technologies, processes techniques and installation procedures.
- Use of in-house systems and standard drawing office procedures for design processes.
- Good communicator telephone / email.
- Proven experience of working to deadlines and programme.
- ‘Can do’ attitude who can work well under pressure.
- Willing to go above and beyond to achieve high level results
- Site surveying experience advantageous.