This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South Yorkshire, UK|
|Telephone||01302 822 228|
£23-25K depending on experience
Our niche industry client is looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join their expanding team, previous experience working within the construction, surfacing or civil engineering sectors is required.
The primary function as Credit Controller is coordinating the debts of existing creditors and deciding whether to allow credit to a debtor. Reporting into the Finance Director, you will handle the collection of finances and the resolution of account queries, raising sales invoices and issuing credit notes.
It is also the responsibility the Credit Controller to manage debt recovery, which if a client has paid late or missed payments could involve stopping the supply of services or undertaking legal action. It is vital as their Credit Controller you build and maintain close links with all customers, to ensure smooth running of accounts and encourage timely recovery of payments.
You will have proven track record in the following:
- Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts of company debtors
- Producing credit check reports for new and existing clients
- Daily allocation of payments received
- Responding to client queries and escalating internally to the relevant department
- Reducing and maintaining debtor days to a target of 55 days
- Liaising with the company QS to raise and submit invoices or application for payments to the client in a timely manner
- Managing retentions
- Updating and maintaining sales ledger database
- Updating and maintaining individual client portals
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Experience with various accountancy packages
- Outstanding attention to detail required for invoicing process
- Professional, confident and diplomatic approach with the ability to have difficult conversations
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships both internally and externally at all levels