This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South Yorkshire, UK|
|Telephone||01302 822 228|
£30-40K – DOE
Our client are a market leader in the design, supply, installation and maintenance of bespoke fall protection and access systems, with a network of offices spanning Northern Europe.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to recruit a Contracts Manager.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the construction industry, ideally from a subcontractor position, with knowledge and experience in the fall protection, architectural metalwork or façade access industry; however, applications will be looked at from individuals experienced in other aspects of the construction process.
Based out of our Sheffield office but with a requirement to attend sites all over the UK sometimes involving multiple nights away, the job-holder is responsible for managing all site-based activities to ensure that all contracts under their management are delivered safely, on time, to the required standards and within budget, whilst maximising client satisfaction. Monthly reporting required.
Accountabilities and Main Duties:
Health & Safety Compliance:
• Prepare and submit all project specific RAMs and H&S paperwork.
• Monitor site practices and routines to ensure compliance.
• Ensure training needs are identified.
Participate pro-actively in companywide H&S reviews and improvements
Planning and Monitoring:
• Agree job programs with clients and monitor progress.
Handover design requirements to design team and review throughout process.
• Communicate programme and subsequent changes to all affected parties.
• Agree action plans to recover delays
• Identify variations to contract that will impact on the programme and ensure programme is revised
• Assist production programming and ensure smooth workflow within deadlines.
• Compile such reports as are required to demonstrate progress against programme and budget.
- Compile procurement schedules and liaise with buyer re site supply and specialist requirements, specifying deadlines.
- Ensure enquiries and/or tender packages are sent to sub-contractors and suppliers
- Select suitable site employees/sub-contractors, and communicate exact project requirements
• In conjunction with the project QS monitor job costs and progress against budget.
• Make sure information is given to the QS expediently to ensure the valuations are submitted on time.
• Ensure all variations are identified and communicated to the QS
• Assist QS in the compilation, submittal and negotiation of the final contract account.
Client Relations & Liaison:
- Take and distribute meeting minutes when it is agreed as the company’s responsibility to do so.
- Maintain a flow of timely information to the client as to progress and cost.
- Assist QS in formal agreement of unavoidable delays to minimise penalty clause claims.
- Resolve any client-related issues or disputes referred by site supervisors.
- Receive client/architect instructions and communicate them to all those affected.
- On completion and hand-over, ensure a Service Manual is produced for the contract containing all relevant information, user instructions and guarantees and arrange for its delivery to the client.
Operations and Work-force Management:
- Monitor organisation and methods to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Set common operational standards throughout sites.
- Provide technical support to Site Managers.
- Hold regular progress review meetings and review labour requirements with Site Manager.
- Ensure all personnel recruitment and induction procedures are completed to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, e.g. “Right to Work”, Inland Revenue Construction Industry Scheme, Health and Safety at work.
- Review employee and sub-contractor performance
Quality Control and Compliance:
- Monitor methods and output to ensure that required quality standards are achieved at minimum cost and that the requirement for snagging is minimal.
- Communicate snagging list to all affected parties monitor for timely completion and obtain client sign-off.
- Monitor works to ensure compliance to all prevailing legislation
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 3-5 Years’ experience within the construction industry (Fall Protection, architectural metalwork, M&E, Roofing and cladding, etc.)
- Computer literate in MS office suite
- Physically fit & confident at Working at Heights
- Full clean driving license
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) at all levels
- Attention to detail and high standard of finishing.
- Punctual & good time management skills
- Literate & numerate
- Self-motivated individual, able to work on own initiative
- Flexibility to carry out the necessary duties to complete the task efficiently and in a timely manner
Preferred but not essential
• Experience in Network Rail, Airport and infrastructure works
• H&S qualifications
• Use of ERP systems and project planner
The successful candidate will have the potential to develop their skill base to allow them to grow within the business.
Package to include a competitive salary for suitable candidate, 28 days annual leave including bank holidays, with incentives in place for performance, unsociable hours and overtime.