Quality Assurance Controller - Maternity Cover
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Area||South Yorkshire, UK|
|Salary||Depending on experience|
|Telephone||01302 822 228|
Quality Assurance/Controller– Maternity Cover
Sheffield based, weekly travel to London
£Dependant on experience
Hours: 8am – 5pm with 1hour lunch (overtime will be required)
This is a temporary maternity cover for approximately 6-8 months, based at our head office in Sheffield with mandatory weekly visits to our site-based office in London.
A market leading working at height lead subcontractor require a Quality Assurance/Controller to join an existing team delivering fall protection and bespoke access solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the quality of all incoming and outgoing materials, coupled with assessment of supply chain quality assurance records and procedures, in line with project programme.
They must be reliable and committed, able to communicate quickly and concisely with the project team both verbally and written. An eye for detail and ability to understand 2D fabrication and general arrangement drawings, as well as an understanding of quality standards, is essential.
They will be responsible for managing all material QC and associated paperwork, for the project team, working closely with the purchasing team and supply chain to compile, monitor and deliver the specified products and quality check goods received.
This fluid and fast paced position will suit an individual that enjoys organising, working within a committed team to achieve common goals, and ensuring the delivered goods are to a specific standard, who is flexible and willing to work hard to produce first class results and gain invaluable experience working with an industry leading client, on the most prestigious construction project in the UK.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Physical visual and dimensional quality checks at the head office and at suppliers’ premises prior to delivery to site.
- Compiling and managing all QC paperwork for the project (MCRs, OFRs etc.)
- Packaging & labelling deliveries (labels & DPP pack)
- Oversee correct loading of vehicles
- Prepare drawings & quality/quantity check packs & dispatch labels for Quality Checks
- Chase missing Conformity Certificates for deliveries received
- Undertake booking in of all deliveries onto company ERP system
- Create detailed Delivery Notes for all deliveries
- Assist in compiling paperwork for documentation
- Manage procurement of component individual ID labels
- General errand running
- Management of QC assistant
Experience & Qualifications
- Proven experience as quality inspector or relevant role
- Ability to read and understand 2D and 3D fabrication drawings
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- Thorough knowledge of quality control standards and testing methodologies
- Full clean driving license
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Computer Literate
- Strong attention to detail
- Good time keeping, ability to prioritize & good time management skills
- Literate & numerate
- Self-motivated individual, able to work on own initiative
- Flexibility to carry out the necessary duties to complete the task efficiently and in a timely Manner
- Honest & reliable