This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South Yorkshire, UK|
|Salary||Depending on experience|
|Telephone||01302 822 228|
£depending on experience
Our client an established retailer with a unique market position is looking for a Duty Manager. The shops are dynamic and challenging and we are looking for an individual with the skills and personality to deliver the opportunities that this business brings.
We are seeking candidates that are flexible, resilient, focused, driven, have an excellent customer service approach, a positive approach to team work and communication, and are able to solve problems effectively.
About the Role:
The Duty Manager will manage and be accountable for all aspects of the store whilst on duty.
Working closely with the Store Manager and the wider management team, the successful candidate will lead and manage colleagues across the store to deliver a fantastic service to our members by putting customers at the heart of everything that we do.
Working on the sales floor, they will be in constant contact with customers and colleagues, and will be accountable for store sales and standards, which will lead to the delivery of outstanding operational/financial performance.
Typical responsibilities for the role include:
• Driving sales through excellent merchandising and product availability
• Providing our customers a great experience whilst in our store
• Coaching all colleagues to provide excellent customer service by leading by example
• Working with the wider store management team to generate innovate ideas to improve store performance
• Accountability for agreed store standards for all departments; identifying driving improvements where necessary
• Leading, coaching and guiding colleagues across all departments in store
• Managing performance through the setting of stretching objectives, and monitoring and reviewing performance
• Assisting in the delivery of budgets and improving financial performance
• Lead, coach and guide the supervisory team with a view to continuous performance improvement
• Dealing effectively with customer complaints and queries
• Overseeing pricing, merchandising and legal compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental
• Maximising and protecting profitability and motivating store colleagues to deliver the same
• Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental controls at all times
• Ensure Brand Integrity is maintained
• Preparing promotional materials and displays
• Effectively communicate with Head Office
• Lead the store whilst on duty
• The successful candidate must be able to act as a point of contact for every retail based issue during your shift and step into the overall role of the store control in the absence of the Store Manager to ensuring the continuity of leadership throughout the whole store at all times
• The successful candidate must be able to develop and deliver consistent processes of work and deliver every legal requirement that we adhere to as a business.
• You will also need to demonstrate that they can communicate and influence strategically.
• It is important to be able to show some signs of strategic thinking, planning at an operational level and to define issues and work on solutions.
• Candidates should feel passionate about their personal development and that of their teams
• Proven leadership experience and the ability to motivate and coach others
• Ability to plan, prioritise and organise workloads, according to the overall objectives and strategy for the operation
• The capability to work under pressure and be able to multi task across different product categories and areas within the store
• Proven success in working as part of a team to generate innovative ideas
• Experience in colleague management, such as managing absence and conduct issues
• Experience in colleague development, through using performance review processes and people development plans
• Be fully flexible
• Have knowledge of IT, Microsoft Word, Excel, and general report producing skills
Hours of work will be 40 hours, working 5/7 days. This will include working evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Membership to the staff shop, and free 2 x death in service cover. Other benefits include discounted rates at the onsite café, and the onsite gym facilities, eligibility for family and friends membership to the shop.