c£60K depending on experience
• Development of capital cost estimates for the company client base
• Be actively involved in the future development and success in delivering a continuous flow of new business and identifying future opportunities in both competitive tendering and new projects.
• Ensure robust, accurate and innovative advice is delivered to clients to align with their needs and business objectives.
• Fulfill functions of deputy in their absence and any other reasonable function as requested by Managing Director
• Working closely with the operational teams in the transition of projects upon receipt of instructions. Establishing themselves as lead for commercial matters relating to the project. Ensuring the correct allocation of labour and plant plus the procurement of materials. Maintaining professional and cost effective control of procurement and labour including subcontractors.
• Proactively monitor all costs and control the change management process. Include project variations whilst liaising with the client or representative and ensuring all accounts are agreed promptly to expedite the invoice and payment process
Estimate Preparation / Pre-Contract
• Managing all aspects of the estimating process at enquiry stage
• Pursue opportunities to obtain tender documents
• Completion and submission of PQQs
• Production of robust estimates
• Plan workload balance between site survey visits and quotations
• Access tender documents to ensure sufficient information available to prepare tender
• Liaise with the client and attend site meetings as required to ensure accurate measures & knowledge of the job is gained
• Prepare and issue sub-contract enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt
• Pricing of excavations, concrete, drainage, surfacing and other external works and minor landscaping
• Prepare specifications and / or Contractors proposals
• Submit tenders and follow up
• Post tender negotiations, post contract liaison with relevant personnel
• Comprehensive site surveys to ensure a high level of detail is obtained and maximise the efficiencies that can be offered to clients.
• Working with procurement to prepare and issue sub-contract enquiries to ensure the competitive edge over the competition
• Preparing, producing and presenting professional quotations package, including survey reports and plans
Reporting / Admin
• Supporting the operational team with tender/contract price analysis
• Weekly sales meetings to update everyone on the status of their own sales enquiries
• Estimate preparation.
• Working with Accountant for audits.
• High standard of knowledge in quantity surveying and estimating
• Use of Construction suite software
• Good working knowledge of forms of contract, especially NEC3 and JCT Minor Works
• Good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement, especially the Highways Method of Measurement and SMM7
• Professional 'get it done' and 'right first time' attitude and work ethic
Training / Qualifications
• Qualified to a high standard in estimating and/or quantity surveying (Desirable)
• Structural or civil engineering qualification (Desirable)