Manufacturing and Transmission Drawing Department Manager
Outline of role:
The business has made a significant investment in plant and equipment. Critical to ensuring that this investment realises its full potential, is a dedicated manufacturing and programming department. This department will be responsible for delivering accurate, concise, comprehensive manufacturing drawings and transmissions at a pace commensurate with the capabilities of the investment.
The role is to manage and develop this new department of 4-5 CAD & Solidworks operatives and to develop their own and theirs teams, knowledge of Fibre Laser and Salvagnini programming.
Core duties and responsibilities:
• Day to day management of the department and staff
• Organise the teams daily work schedule
• Develop the department to produce accurate manufacturing drawings for CNC machinery and manufacture
• Lead the department in the development and production of manufacturing drawings to include :-
• Colour references
• Product codes
• Illumination (specification and set out)
• Bill of materials
• Assembly instruction and parts list
• R&D new signage products and manufacturing techniques
• Attend and contribute to daily production meetings
• Meet with clients along with project managers to discuss sign specification development
• Ensure the team is flexible and meets tight deadlines as necessary
• Develop and maintain a drawing library and archive.
• Flexible approach to hours and ensure team have same approach
• Motivate, encourage and develop the teams skill set
• Identifying and promoting training requirements
• Horizon scan reference processes, software, equipment, staff and best practice.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Programming knowledge of CNC routers, Fibre Laser and Salvagnini
• Advanced CAD and Solidworks knowledge
• Learning, training and development manager with people management skills
• In depth knowledge of manufacturing techniques
• Ability to share knowledge and develop team to a similar level of proficiency
• Full understanding of materials and their usage/limitations
• Awareness of installation techniques and requirements
• An excellent team player with the ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with their peers.
• Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
• Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
• Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others.
• Work well under pressure
• Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
• Acute attention to detail
• Strong planning and negotiation skills
• Problem solver can work leading a team or individually
• Proactive people manager able to make decisions
• Able to evolve the department to continually evaluate performance and improvement in terms of staff performance, technology, training, personnel levels, workload, analysis and information