Salary dependent on experience
Our client, a fast-growing, multi-award-winning business that collaborates with retailers, manufacturers and brands to unlock the full potential in surplus stock. The group champions a profit with purpose model, delivering fantastic social, environmental and economic value to members, colleagues and clients.
We are seeking candidates that are flexible, resilient, focused, driven, have an excellent customer service approach, a positive approach to team work and communication, and are able to solve problems effectively.
About the Role:
To ensure the effective management of daily/weekly productivity, quality, Health & Safety, costs, waste and people and to maximise efficiency and drive change through continuous improvement.
This role is part of the wider operations management team and reports into the Head of Operations; key accountabilities include:
• To maintain and continuously improve safety standards throughout Operations
• To assume the role of senior manager on site outside normal hours in event of emergency
• Overall accountability for the successful running of an Operations shift
• To drive changes and improvements through working closely with the Continuous Improvement manager to implement changes
• Labour planning and management of temporary labour and associated budgets to ensure we have the right people in the right place to meet business demands
• Deliver daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s and produce associated reports
• To lead daily review meetings; follow up any actions and ensure efficient and effective shift transitions
• To manage the performance and behaviour of all team members in line with current procedures (including conducting investigations, disciplinaries, grievances and performance discussions
• To work closely with other functions to ensure all supply chain demands are met
• To lead departmental training – create training plans to ensure adequate skills available
• To lead department training meeting through the uses of skills matrices and develop a rolling plan
• Coach and develop the team to develop a proactive approach to problem solving, ensuring development plans are in place and continuously reviewed
• Complete robust daily handovers to Shift Managers to ensure effective running of operation
• Strong operations, distribution or manufacturing background or proven relevant experience
• Line management experience (supervisory management qualification would be advantageous)
• Demonstrable ability to coach and mentor teams to deliver results through people
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience of working within Health and Safety frameworks
• Previous experience of working with budgets and KPI’s would be preferred
Location: Barnsley. Travel to other locations may be required.
Hours: Hours of work will be 40 hours, working 5/7 days. This will include working evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Benefits: Membership to the staff shop, and free 2 x death in service cover. Other benefits include discounted rates at the onsite café, and the onsite gym facilities, eligibility for family and friends membership too.