(Travel to other locations will be required)
Salary dependant on experience
A fast-growing, multi-award-winning business that collaborates with retailers, manufacturers and brands, has a unique opportunity to join their team as a Buyer at a time of exciting growth.
As a Buyer, you are required to be both a Buyer (of Stock) and a Seller (of our Proposition). Reporting to the Buying Director key accountabilities include:
• Client Service – working closely with our current clients ensuring supply of stock within agreed service levels at appropriate prices.
• Conduct client’s reviews to ensure commercial viability for both us and the client. Developing the relationship to identify and maximise additional surplus stock opportunities.
• End to end ownership of stock purchased including accurate and optimised allocations of stock across the group, including managing waste potential challenges through product price reviews.
• Manage gross margin by working to efficient purchasing structures
• Working closely with our Business Development Team to establish routines and ways of working for new Clients.
• Working closely with our Client Management Team on best practices covering both Manufacturers and Retailers.
• Conduct client meetings via telephone or face to face. Hosting client meetings at Head Office, within the wider group at Company or Community stores.
• Undertake Category Reviews for your pre-determined Categories
• Build and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues in Operations, Transport and Retail to deliver maximum value for the business and the best service for the client
• Liaise with Retail and Marketing Teams to deliver promotional activity.
• Work with our Technical teams to ensure clients and products meet all food safety and technical legislation.
• Maintain and update CRM with Client details.
• Ensure completion and accuracy of internal purchasing documentation within to agreed SLA’s
• Provide input into “Case Studies” with our Marketing Team by secure introductions and testimonials from clients
About You - your key skills should include:
• Demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude, with a desire to make a difference
• A self-starter, capable of working on an individual basis and remain motivated to deliver
• Ability to build rapport, question and listen effectively
• Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong negotiation skills
• Diligent and meticulous attention to detail.
• Proactive in identifying opportunities for our clients and our business
• Previous Buying and Supply Chain knowledge experience
• Ability to interpret and manage a sales plan
• A good understanding of stock control
• Effective time management, through prioritisation and organisational skills
• Confident and proficient user of MS Windows – based software packages, including word, excel, databases and email
• An understanding of, and a commitment to, providing outstanding client service
Hours: Hours of work will be discussed at interview in detail. Weekend/Evening/Bank Holiday
working may be required. This is a total of 40 hours per week, but some overtime may be required to meet the business needs
Membership to the Staff Shop and free 2 x death in service cover. Other benefits include discounted rates at the onsite café, and the onsite gym facilities.