£depending on experience
• Analyse tender documentation and capture client’s requirements.
• Produce an accurate BOQ for pricing purposes to reflect client’s requirements. Based on a robust knowledge of CESSM 3, Highways Method of Measurement or SMM7 or as dictated by the client.
• Clear knowledge of costing traditional and design and build contracts.
• Working knowledge of NEC3 and JCT Conditions of Contract, current HSQE legislation and construction techniques and methods.
• Prepare material and sub-contractor enquiry documents.
• Carry out site visits. Assimilate information and take account of in tender pricing.
• Assess individual rates and prices, create new or insert from sub-contract and material quotes.
• Produce accurate and competitive commercial submission ready for internal review and sign off.
• Attendance at pre and post tender meetings.
• Knowledge of building material components and plant requirements.
• Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills, well-spoken and personable, able to get on with diverse personalities
• Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
• Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Oversee and provide guidance to the northern commercial team
• Min. 5 years’ experience in similar industry i.e. surfacing highways/retail with knowledge of minor civils i.e. what is found in a typical retail car park environment
• Full driver’s license & willing to travel – Northern Region, but may be required to assist within the Southern Region
• Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or part of a team.
• Experience of managing a team of Estimators
• Salary £ Competitive
• 25 days annual leave
• Opportunities for further development and career growth
• Reimbursement of fees for up to one professional body
• Private medical insurance
• Company Car including Fuel Card
• Mobile Smartphone and laptop