£30-40K depending on experience
The position is accountable for the effective supervision and daily administration and operation of the stockroom, shipping, receiving and the repair department. The position determines workflow and scheduling and implements operational policies and procedures. The position requires working knowledge and understanding of an ERP system such as Oracle or SAP and manufacturing in an ISO 9000 environment. Knowledge of manufacturing electromechanical devices also beneficial.
• This is very much a hands-on role, you will work with your staff to ensure that shipping & receiving are done on time & follow correct procedures, stock is controlled & monitored & printers are configured correctly & in a timely manner.
• Effectively supervise the daily administration and operation of the stockroom, shop floor and receiving areas.
• Oversee the orderly storing of materials in bins, on floors, or on shelves and insure they can be conveniently retrieved and accounted for. Oversee the repair operation and insure KPI’s are being met or exceeded.
• Provide training to workers and enhance technical skills.
• Monitor staff performance.
• Develops and implements cost effective solutions which improve storeroom, shop floor and repair operations.
• Develop and implement work methods, authorizes overtime, controls costs, and recommends changes (improvements) in methods and procedures in areas.
• Insure compliance with ISO 9000 and Sarbanes Oxley procedures and insure that process tasks within the ERP system are accurately transacted.
• Follow company procedures and ensure that all transactions are properly recorded in the ERP system. In the event that a system error or issue occurs and prevents normal operations in the UK facility, collaborate with the ERP Team and IT in Ithaca and work to implement the appropriate solution.
• Insure the facility is maintained and in good working order.
• Ensures compliance with applicable laws and company policies.
• College education or equivalent and a minimum of five years related experience, including supervision.
• Sound knowledge of storeroom, shipping, receiving and repair operations and quality and inventory control systems
• Be the quality representative for the facility.
• Familiar with shipping and customs regulations.
• Computer literate and be proficient with an ERP systems such as Oracle and shipping manifest software.
• Familiar with best practices for the upkeep and maintenance of the facility.